Communicating directly with workers helps you determine the pay rate they expect for what you want them to complete, whether your instructions are clear enough, if your experiment works as expected, and how to weed out the cheaters from the honest workers. Turker Nation allows you to sign up for an account and complete an easy form in order to get access to the entire forum. You can post in the Requester Introductions area to say hi, and then in Everyone Else to ask any questions you have before posting your study. Many academics have credited this forum with helping them draft a publishable study or complete their thesis!
Articles in this section
- What is the best way to ensure my study is completed quickly and accurately?
- Where can I find information on the demographics of Amazon Mechanical Turk workers?
- Can I measure reaction time?
- What is Amazon Mechanical Turk (AMT) and how does it work?
- Do I have to manage participants from AMT?
- Who protects the personal information of AMT workers?
- Can I discover who my participants are?
- How can I be sure my data is secure? Where is the data stored?
- Can I trust the quality of data from AMT?
- I'm satisfied with the way I do research. Why would I use AMT?